Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Skin Goals?

I rarely breakout, but this semester for some reason took a toll. I think it was because of economic statistics. That was the most anxious 8 weeks of my life and I am glad it is over. I used to have smooth clear skin, but now I feel a bit rough and bumpy... maybe because of winter. I am finally going to take care of my skin this summer. My Lola (Grandma in Tagalog), Titas (Aunt in Tagalog), and my Mom always told me to wear hats in the summer, but I never did.

I regret not wearing a hat from middle school to right now because I really want to look young when I am old. I have been noticing it's hot and I have been slathering SPF on my face with no shame and whenever I go outside I am always wearing a baseball cap or bucket hat. 

I am also trying this TikTok trend of "Slugging" two times a week. Basically, you do your normal skincare routine, and then at the end (after moisturizing), you take a small amount of anything with petroleum (I used vaseline) to seal everything inside and keep any pollutants out. I am not sure if this is a placebo effect, but my skin texture felt very nice. It apparently keeps you younger because it will prevent all the oils and moisturizers from escaping, which is something we lose A LOT as we get older.

12 comments:

  1. Interesting concept of 'slugging' :-) Good luck with your skin regiment ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly recommend upping your sweet potato intake, if you like sweet potatoes. When I roast sweet potatoes for a couple days as a side dish or something, my skin starts to clear up pretty quickly.

    I know I'm not imagining it, because people comment on it.

    To really help, roast it with coconut oil; that enhances Vitamin A absorption even further, which is what actually helps clear up your breakouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stress girl I feel you on the breakouts. I'm going to look up slugging nvr heard of it. I'm always open to better looking skin ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've come to terms with death and old age, I just kinda bank on not making it to 60 so hopefully I can avoid dealing with my body giving out on me and my skin sagging to the floor lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know it was called slugging, but I've heard of that technique before. I don't know about the legitimacy for it all but from I've heard its very valid and useful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting technique. I'll definitely have to try it out, I'm in need of a new skin routine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Slugging Interesting, I have naturally oily skin, I don't like it but everyone seems to think it a good thing. Anyone can spot me in a crowd a mile away since I would be the only one glistening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't understand why it's called Slugging. Also, I feel like people have been doing that since before TikTok.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you have naturally clear skin and are working to get back to that place. I feel sort of the opposite where my skin is naturally more acne prone. Because of that, although I've seen success stories of the 'slugging' on the internet, I have my doubts it will cause any positive reaction for my overall face. I do love to spot treat with petroleum jelly products like Aquafor though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I started a skincare routine in the beginning of the year and it helped out quite a bit! Unfortunately, I stopped like mid March and I feel the consequences now haha. But, overall my skin doesn't look too bad. Just have to start again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sun is no joke here in Las Vegas, if you don't sunscreen up and protect your skin now you'll end up looking dried up, shriveled, and burnt and you may also develop skin diseases.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep working on your skin. I like the technique you use.

    ReplyDelete