Monday, March 7, 2022

TD06 and Addiction to Cleaning

TD06 Part 1:

A new topic/skill I learned in chapter 4 is 4.10. I did not know before that there were different ways that you could format your references. I definitely find this useful as a student. I have been putting all my references in a citation machine when I could easily put it into the references in windows and it will format everything for me. Then at the end, I can easily put works cited page/bibliography. I wish I knew this sooner when I first started at CSN instead of spending lots of time-fighting with a citation machine. 

Blog:

I remember one memory I had when I was a child. My room was covered in toys and my Mom told me to clean it all up, but as a child I hated cleaning, so instead of putting all my toys in their proper bins, I shoved all of them under my bed. I obviously did not think about how all the toy bins were empty. I remember my Dad lifted my mattress and under it, it was covered in toys.

From there, I have developed a habit of cleaning every Friday after work. I wipe down all my surfaces in my room, clean my bathroom, laundry, and vacuuming. My room is always fairly clean. I really like dust, which sounds weird, but I like wiping it and making a place clean after it had been so dusty. So, because I wipe everything every week, I barely have my dust satisfaction fulfilled, so instead, I find something to organize in my room. 

I honestly really like cleaning but only on my own terms. I don't like when someone tells me to clean because cleaning is my hobby and I want to do it when I will enjoy it since I will do a better job when I am making the choice to do it than being forced to do it.

12 comments:

  1. Yes, Microsoft Word's References tab really helps with managing references, citations, footnotes :-)

    So you like the satisfaction of wiping dust away to make a place clean after it has been so dusty, I can see the appeal ^_^

    Well said about "...since I will do a better job when I am making the choice to do it than being forced to do it."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Setting a cleaning schedule works wonders!

    I set the timer for ten minutes most mornings, and just do *something*, anything cleaning related, that needs done. It works pretty well, and I don't have to go on those marathon cleaning sessions anymore. It really helps.

    And I, also, am really bad about not wanting to do something when told to do it...if I decide myself to do it, it gets done quickly, but being told to do something...that's a different story altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear I should have taken this class before my English; it would've saved me so much time on my papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I felt that about doing things only on my terms. Like sometimes I'll literally be on my way to wash the dishes or vacuum the upstairs on my own volition, but then my mother will tell me to do it and suddenly I'll won't want to do it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring is the time to clean lol. I love reorganizing my furniture every Spring to give my house a new feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The less stuff you own, the less mess there is to pick up. Free time becomes more rare as you get older and balance work, school, family, and other adult responsibilities. Cleaning is great, but the bigger the house or the amount of things that need proper cleaning, the more time you spend cleaning and stressing over a dirty home. That's why being more minimalist helps to de-clutter one's life to do things like hobbies and have more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great habit to have! I wish I had that habit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spring cleaning is a welcome change from the gloomy cold winter season. Cleaning and rotating furniture feels like a fresh new beginning, just like the trees and flowers that start blooming and growing new leaves after the fall season. spring is one of my favorite seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes cleaning on my own terms is everything! I put on Hamilton or Ariana Grande and go to work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The feeling of being in a clean room is so soothing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, citation formatting is so easy. One thing I like about it is that you can always go back and edit it whenever you want.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I prefer doing basic cleaning once a week, and a full cleanout once every 2 or 3 months.

    ReplyDelete